<?php namespace SanDiego\UserGroup\PHP
Fitn is a software that is poised to disrupt the fitness space. Fitn is looking for a mid to senior level developer to work on it’s social fitness app. Fitn runs off a modern LAMP stack and cloud hosting and is designed as an open and extensible platform with a RESTful web-services core which is consumed by a web front-end, web admin, as well as a native iOS and Android application.
- 5 years working on LAMP stack applications
- 3 years working on a mid-size (100,000 requests/day) web application
- 2 years administering and optimizing MySQL (or other SQL server) database
- Demonstrable experience integrating with third party APIs
- Strong object-oriented design competency
- Strong REST web service design and development competency
- Basic LAMP administration. Some basic apache config, (vhosts and mod_rewrites), iptables, etc…
- PHP framework experience (preferably laravel, but any other modern framework -symphony, zend, yii, CI, etc… is fine too)
- Redis administration
- Database design and optimization (MySQL)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and forward thinking (we’re a startup and pivots are in our nature)
- OAuth2 identity management (both serving and consuming).
- Java (android)
- WordPress administration (corp site)
To apply, please contact Ryan Rothschild.
As our study group has become more and more settled in, we have come up with some software and configurations that are standard for the group. The list here should help you set up that software and get you prepared for the meetup. If you have any trouble with the software, don’t worry, we’ll be glad to help you get everything figured out at the meetup. All the software listed below is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Please bring in a laptop with WiFi that you have permission to install the software listed below on.
Vagrant: We use this to set up and build quick development environments.
Git: This is our VCS of choice and is required to access packages that we are developing and sharing.
Composer: Package Management for PHP. Composer is required to install all the elements that we rely on which we won’t be writing ourselves.
Homestead: The Laravel Framework development environment. Our current focus includes a lot of Laravel study and instruction, and as such, Homestead is an invaluable resource for quick environments.
We have a great group so far and would love to see new faces. Remember, if you have any problem installing these components, DO NOT WORRY, we are here to help you.
Position: Unix/FreeBSD System Administrator
Company: Iconic Industry, Inc.
Location: Downtown San Diego, CA, 92101
Salary: $50,000-$70,000 DOE + Performance Bonuses
Are you looking to join one of the fastest growing, local tech companies?
Do you want to be challenged and rewarded for the projects you work on?
Do you want to work at a company where management lives and breathes technology? (Two of the founders served on the FreeBSD documentation team!)
If you said yes to the questions above, then we want to hear from you! Iconic Industry is a well funded, quickly growing digital marketing company headquartered in downtown San Diego.
We are looking for an experienced Unix system administrator to manage our high availability web cluster, consisting of 30 servers (and growing) spread across a local datacenter and Amazon AWS.
The ideal candidate should have intermediate to expert level expertise in the following:
- FreeBSD/Linux/Unix Administration (FreeBSD preferred)
- Managing a high availability web cluster (500+ hits/sec)
- Content Delivery Networks – CloudFront
- Datacenter environment
- Rackmount servers
- Amazon AWS – EC2, S3, Route53, CloudFront
- MySQL – clustering, replication, basic database design
- Apache – load balancing, reverse proxy
- DNS – bind, Route53
- Software firewalls
- Intermediate PHP/SQL – ability to help with software development
– Bachelors in a related major or equivalent experience
We offer a competitive benefits package, including: paid holidays, paid time off, sick leave, medical/vision/dental/life insurance, 401k with company match, fully stocked kitchen, and catered lunches.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Chern to apply.
Slides from @CamDesigns API Talk at SDPHP MeetUp Aug Downtown MeetUp.