Stealth, funded startup in San Diego (UTC Area) is seeking the following:
Mid/Senior Backend Laravel Software Engineer
Must be comfortable working at a fast-paced, funded startup. Principals only, please.
- Experience with Regular Expressions and Linux text-processing commands
- Hands-on experience and desire to work in a Test-driven Development environment
- 1+ years integrating with 3rd party APIs using OAuth 2.0 (single-sign-on to social networks)
- 3+ years recent experience writing PHP including PHP 7.x
- 5+ years developing backend web services APIs for web and mobile apps
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, early-stage, funded startup
- 2+ years using PHP 5.5+, Laravel 5.x, and Eloquent ORM
- Knowledge of design patterns and object-oriented design and programming principles
- 5+ years writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures for MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Some hands-on experience with PKI and encryption
- Hands-on experience using message queues implemented with Redis, SQS, Beanstalkd, IronMQ or RabbitMQ
Additional desired skills:
- Experience with Microservices a plus
- Experience with auto-scaling and containers on AWS a plus
- Experience with JSON Web Token (JWT) or other Token-based mechanisms a plus
- Experience with Perl and Python a plus
- Experience working with PCI/PII, PHI and/or HIPAA data and compliance a plus
- Exposure to Vue.js and/or Angular 1.x a plus
- Experience optimizing scalable data architecture and queries on MongoDB, CouchDB or Cloudant a plus
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal Resident having a right to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Principals only, please.
Remote and Flexible hours are possible, subject to weekly priorities, with minimum 3 days per week in the office.
To apply email Norm Katz (normkatz1 at gmail dot com) or call 619-890-5847