<?php namespace SanDiego\UserGroup\PHP;
Do You Love Developing Apps & Websites?
Simplexity Ventures is seeking a highly experienced PHP/MySQL developer to assist in the development and technical management for Playerline, one of the top Fantasy Sports apps on the AppStore and Google Play.
Playerline continues to experience tremendous growth with 150k+ users and has been the goto app for fantasy football, baseball, basketball and hockey news.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have …
- Ability to meet deadlines and get work done in the office or working remotely
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Expert knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Strong organizational skills, structured thinking and development methodology
- System and process development for more efficient and effective development
- Detailoriented, and can get the job done
- Strong coordination skills to coordinate with our Lead Project Manager, design team,
and other developers
- Strong PHP development skills
- Good working experience in MySQL including the use of efficient SQL commands
- Ability to work quickly and patiently as part of a small team
- Keep to deadlines, communicating clearly any changes to this
- Improving current & future APIs and datagathering methods
- Optimizing system performance (MySQL tuning, AWS, etc)
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content for app (games,
monetization & predictive analytics)
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline development cycle
- Basic database admin (MySQL) via PHPMyAdmin. You should possess a good
working knowledge of common SQL commands and their correct use.
- Documentation of your work for end users and commenting and proper organization of
code so other team members can work with your code
- Development within a multiple server configuration including development, staging and
- Basic understanding of *nix (Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS preferred)
Here’s what we have to offer …
- We offer a competitive salary and flexible hours you can work fulltime or parttime
- We have a hip office in Little Italy with waterfront views of San Diego Bay, easy walk to
great bars and restaurants and parking allowance
- You’ll have another developer to work with, to help you with onboarding,
brainstorming, pair programming, etc
- You have the potential to earn equity in the company based on your competence and
- You can get free massages and chiropractic services through our barter agreements
- We stock our break room with beer, snacks, fruits and other drinks
- We work in a relaxed environment shorts and flipflops are OK with no mandatory
- We enjoy free lunches on Fridays and have casual hangouts at bars in the area.
Please submit your application through this LINK.
WHAT THE POSITION IS
Zeeto Media, voted top 2 places to work in San Diego, is looking for a full-time (non Contract), in-house full-stack software engineer. The ideal candidate will be comfortable being involved in every aspect of the product development cycle. You’ll be a part of a team that delivers cutting edge technology in performance-based marketing. We move at light speed and this position must be able to work on multiple projects while potentially shifting gears to a new project at any time.
Check us out
- We provide a unique work environment unlike anywhere else! www.zeetomedia.com, https://www.facebook.com/zeeto
- Free breakfast and lunch catered everyday.
- All the snacks, coffee, drinks and homebrew you want, especially with our on-site bar!
- Onsite haircuts with our stylist.
- Discounted onsite massages to relax on the company clock.
- Tournaments & Games – ping pong, foosball, darts, chess, monopoly, poker.
- Pickup laundry & dry cleaning.
- Health – onsite Yoga & discounted gym nearby.
- Monthly company including company sponsored happy hours, events and competitions.
- World-class health insurance package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k Matching, PTO, FSA and more.
- Come enjoy the cutting edge technology and new age work environment found in Silicon Valley, but with much better weather and more affordable living in beautiful sunny San Diego.
Our ideal candidate:
- 4+ years of professional programming experience in either PHP or Python, preferably with an MVC-type framework (we’re a Symfony shop)
- Comfortable working in a linux environment
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Working understanding of version control (GIT/SVN)
- A solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, and algorithms
- Product-centric: You love solving hard technical challenges and producing clean code, but you realize the product and the end-user’s experience is the most important thing. You need to care about the users and think beyond just the technical challenges.
- Has contributed to an open source project, or has public projects available on their GitHub account