StepStone is an investment firm specializing in global private markets, including private equity, buyout, venture capital, distressed, credit, energy, infrastructure, real assets, and real estate. StepStone creates customized portfolios for some of the world’s largest institutions and oversees over US$75 billion of private capital allocations.
In order to share and leverage information across StepStone’s 11 offices and global client base, we utilize a number of different web applications, which are used to report historical performance and make better investment decisions. We are looking for an experienced full stack PHP developer to join our quickly growing team to assist with the expansion and maintenance of these web applications. The developer position will be office-based (i.e., not remote) and located in La Jolla, California. A strong preference will be given to developers with experience with the Laravel framework.
- Develop an understanding of StepStone’s business processes
- Translate UI/UX mockups into interactive web elements
- Segment server-side and client-side processes of the web application to optimize performance and scalability
- Create and maintain database schemas to support business processes
- Migrate legacy code to more efficient frameworks and structures
- 5+ years of PHP development experience, 10+ years preferred
- Experience with Laravel framework preferred
- Experience with data-visualization/charting frameworks (e.g., Kendo UI, FusionCharts, HighCharts, etc.) preferred
- MySQL/MariaDB experience
- Working knowledge of Git
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Highly motivated individual with a focus on writing clean, well-tested, and scalable code
How to Apply
Please send resume to email@example.com and reference the position “Full Stack PHP Developer: La Jolla” in the subject line. All submissions will be kept strictly confidential.