veroFresh is a new, innovative service developed by Lettuce Box LLC that will revolutionize the tracking of cold food transportation industry. The use of our service protects brands, increases shelf life and quality, reduces waste, and lends to a better consumer experience.
We’re looking for a website developer to join our team to help build new features, enhance and maintain existing features. The idea candidate will be competent in both frontend and backend PHP development. The developer position will be primarily office-based in Carlsbad, CA (this is not a remote position).
This is your chance to get in early to an exciting startup and join a team of all-stars that are passionate about their work. We expect you to be an all-star too.
- Support, debug, optimize, and maintain existing features
- Participate in agile planning and development process
- Participate in planning new features
- Building and document new features
- Write unit tests and acceptance tests
- Provide customer integrations, sometimes involving custom solutions
- Design user-experience and user-interfaces
- Occasional customer technical support
Must be proficient in:
- PHP, MySQL (5+ years experience)
- Linux command line, server administration, AWS
- Web application programming (MVC, OOP, design patterns)
- Yii2 PHP Framework
- Bootstrap 3 CSS Framework
- NoSQL databases
- Testing frameworks (Codeception, PHPUnit, CasperJS, etc.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, DOE
- Subsidized health benefits: pick your own insurance plan!
- Daily ocean air in our coastal-facing office
- Large parking lot; no hunting for a parking spot
- . . . or take the train or bus to work! The Poinsettia train station is right outside our door.
- Walking distance to the beach and a great surfing spot
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible PTO
How to Apply
Please send resume to and reference the position “Web Developer: veroFresh” in the subject line. Please include a code sample or a link to it, and your salary requirements. All submissions will be kept strictly confidential.