<?php namespace SanDiego\UserGroup\PHP;
May 28, 2014
The talk covered some of the most used tools in the Percona Toolkit, however there are sooo many more to look into.
Thank you business.com for hosting and providing great food and beer.
Seeking PHP/Laravel developers, PhoneGap developers, and UI/web designers.
Self starters only. We offer flexible hours and location. You can work from most anywhere.
(We don’t have a dev office but many of us are located in N County).
Compensation is negotiable depending on arrangement and skills.
Part time or project based engagements are possible.
October 23, 2013
Thomas Rideout (@RealRideout) gave another fascinating presentation. This was aimed at showing newer developers what they should work on for themselves after learning PHP. How to continue growing, improve their job placement skills, etc…
Luth Research is San Diego’s fast growing premier Market Research firm. With over 35 years of experience, we are the trusted connection between people and research working with companies like Microsoft, Walt Disney Corp, Provide Commerce and Toyota. We were one of the first Market Research firms to have an online panel of over one million members. We are continually working on innovation to drive growth. Our new technology, ZQ Intelligence is revolutionary in providing cutting-edge Market Research solutions.
Luth Research is client-centric, fast-paced and our staff excel at servicing a 24/7 industry. Our employees are smart, passionate, dedicated and committed to providing world class solutions to clients in a global environment. Luth Research is challenging and rewarding; we demand a lot from our staff and tailor the rewards to match internally. If you have what it takes to be part of our continued growth, success and entrepreneurial spirit, we invite you to send in your resume for any of our open positions.
As a Web Developer at Luth you will:
- Designs and develops web based software programs, portals, user interfaces, and dashboards to provide high quality user experiences for Luth employees and clients.
- Creates well written and documented code from specifications to achieve business goals.
- Communicates in a clear, concise manner to express details, concerns, updates, and timelines to the Manager of Online, QA, and other staff
- Maintains current knowledge of new technologies to identify possibilities to enhance Luth Research products and services.
- Track and fix reported bugs, feature requests, and enhancements as directed by the Manager of Online.
- Garner and apply industry best practices to software development and software quality assurance to ensure Luth incorporates the best and latest thinking into its software products and services.
- Assist the Manager of Online and other staff in tasks and projects as needed.
Education, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a Computer Science related field of study or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity with working in a CMS, preferably Drupal.
- Strong knowledge of cross-platform user experience design and optimization, including desktop and mobile, using responsive design techniques.
- Familiarity with social networking trends and integration of web sites into social networks.
- Knowledgeable in the concepts of Object Oriented Design and Analysis, the Software Development Life Cycle, and process modeling.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and development models
- Working knowledge of design tools (such as Photoshop) to create wireframes, comps, etc.
- Moderate knowledge and experience with relational databases such as Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Detail oriented with the aptitude to catch mistakes, errors, and bugs in a timely fashion
- Able to apply deductive and inductive reasoning to not only identify problems but assist in the determining causes and solutions
- Basic Linux (RedHat and CentOS preferred) operating systems, Apache and Web knowledge and experience.
- Effective at communicating issues, problems, and concerns to management
- Team player and effective communication in explaining technical requirements/processes
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Web Developer in the subject line.
Luth Research is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and to making employment decisions based on merit and value. We will comply with all Federal, State and Local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.